NAME: Frank Palangi
INSTRUMENT: Guitar, Vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Metallica’s Black Album. That album changed my guitar playing forever. After hearing the riffs and killer raw sound, I knew I had to learn this style to critique my craft. Metal side of me was born along with other ’80s metal bands.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Matchbox 20. It was at the Glens Falls Civic Center, toward the back section of the arena. Was in junior high then.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Piano. My grandfather had a piano in the living room next to the fireplace. I would actually play some keys on it. Learned “The Halloween Theme” on that… haha
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” and Ozzy’s “Crazy Train” – sixth grade school talent show.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Lethal Injection, an old high school band I had that played hard rock/metal tunes. “Time Again” was the tune I remember the most. Bass player had dreadlocks and was into band Rancid, that I remember…lol. Drummer was into Smashing Pumpkins wicked.
Frank Palangi celebrates the release of his sophomore EP “I Am Ready” at 7:30pm on Friday (June 28) at Sweet Basil in Queensbury. He’ll also be playing at Aaron’s Irish Pub in Gloversville at 7pm on Saturday (June 29).