Blotto: Hello, My Name is Blotto, What's Yours?Time flies…

Yes, today marks the 33 & 1/3 anniversary of Blotto’s debut recording, the 33 & 1/3RPM EP, “Hello, My Name Is Blotto! What’s Yours?” The four-song slab o’ vinyl was released on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 1980, featuring such now-golden oldies as “I Wanna Be a Lifeguard” and “We Are the Nowtones.”

Here’s a link to an interview in Metroland that Brian Stevens attempted to conduct with the original Blotto family – Cheese, Bowtie, Broadway, Lee Harvey, Sarge and Blanche – at the time of the release: (Part 1); (Part 2 – which also contains a review of the record by Peter Iselin).

Tags:

9 Responses to “Flashback: The 33 & 1/3 Anniversary of “Hello, My Name Is Blotto! What’s Yours?””

1. PK Miller says:

OMG–this makes me feel so bloody OLD!!! Seems like yesterday we closed down The Grinch w/Donnybrook Fair & Bogies w/Blotto. Long live Blotto! You guys ROCK!!! You always did, you always will, grey hairs or not!

2. Rudy says:

How many people still have their vinyl copy? I do.

3. Still have all vinyl copies

4. Kirsten says:

I have one I picked up at a garage sale years ago.

5. Von says:

Still have mine – all my copies ! Including an autographed Combo Akimbo ! Long live Blotto, love Miss Y-Von Blotto

6. Roger Green says:

Hmm – Did I buy mine at FantaCo or next door at Worlds Records?

7. Mike Leonard says:

I have all vinyl/DVD/45’s/VHS/Sweatshirts/T-Shirts…OMG, my favorite band ever. I still love and always will love BLOTTO. Always at the Live shows every year!

8. Bowtie says:

Best album cover art ever. Yeah Sarge did that.

9. Broadway says:

Thanks, Nippertown for remembering. And thanks to all of you who still make being Blotto big fun! That includes you Rip, Chip, Trip & Kip….

Cartoonist John CaldwellCaffe LenaThe Cock'N'Bull RestaurantJim Gaudet and the Railroad BoysHolly & EvanAdvertise on Nippertown!Hudson SoundsArtist Charles HaymesAlbany PoetsThe LindaLeave Regular Radio BehindBerkshire On StageCapital District Habitat For Humanity