NAME: Bob Forget
BAND AFFILIATION: Linear North
INSTRUMENT: Guitar and Vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … (What’s The Story) Morning Glory by Oasis. My cousin got tired of me playing my dad’s old Beatles cassettes all the time, so he suggested Oasis. Despite all the hatred towards them, they are still one of my favorites to this day. It’s just pure rock n roll.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … I was 12 years old. My dad brought me and my little brother to go see Kiss at the Pepsi Arena. I remember being really excited to see Ace Frehley. He was – and still is – my favorite member.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Guitar. As soon as my dad noticed I had worn out this plastic toy guitar they had gotten me for Christmas, we went up to the Only Guitar Shop in Clifton Park, and I got to pick out my first acoustic guitar. I still got it, too!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Eleanor Rigby” by the Beatles. It was at a middle school talent show in 7th grade. Me and two friends put together an acoustic version of the song. I think for a bunch of 7th graders, it went over pretty well.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Ten Flat. It was my buddies Charlie, Bryan, Kevin, James and Connor. We had a lot of fun, some of us still get together and jam from time to time. I still have a lot of great memories playing our songs and even jamming on some Pearl Jam and Neil Young tunes. Some of my friends from high school still ask me to play Ten Flat songs, along with some Oasis! They even showed me some old videos from our shows. It’s great to look back at all of that. Good times with great people!
Bob Forget joins bandmates Shane Williams (bass) and Tom Patrizio (drums) as Linear North, stepping into the spotlight at the Hollow Bar + Kitchen (formerly the Bayou Cafe) in Albany at 8pm on Thursday (May 9) with Skeletons in the Piano, the End Men and Henry’s Rifle. Admission is $7. Linear North also joins the festivities for Skeletons in the Piano’s CD release party at Putnam Den in Saratoga Springs at 10pm on Saturday (May 11) Admission is $7.