BAND AFFILIATION: Mike + Ruthy
INSTRUMENT: Singer/Songwriter, guitar, fiddle, ukulele
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The B-52′s Cosmic Thing
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Bonnie Raitt at the Palace Theatre in Albany with my mom.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … ukulele
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “The Root Camp Bridge,” an original ditty written and performed by me and my best friend Willow at Ashokan.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Rhinegold
Mike + Ruthy – that would be Ruthy Ungar and her partner Mike Merenda – will step into the spotlight at The Egg in Albany at 7:30pm on Saturday (February 16), sharing the bill with the Wiyos. Tickets are $24.