NAME: Sean Desiree
BAND AFFILIATION: Bell’s Roar
INSTRUMENT: Everything you hear: drums, bass, guitar, synths, vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Spice Girls was the first tape and Rage Against the Machine was the first CD. It’s so crazy to see the juxtapostion. As a teen/pre-teen, your music tastes change so rapidly. It’s the time when you start discovering music independently of what you hear your parents play.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … That’s pretty depressing – Limp Biscuit, Papa Roach, Xzibit and Eminem. The first two were by far more depressing than the last two.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … An acoustic guitar. It was a pretty cheap/busted one and killed my fingers. I soon fell in love with electric guitars.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Another awesome one, Dido!!! I’m sure everyone forgot about her. The singer in my high school band called the shots, and she chose “Thank You.”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … To continue from the other question my first band was formed from my high school after-school program, called Band Class. We chose four people to form a band with, play cover songs and learn about collaborating. Beyond that, my first actual band with original songs was Broadcast Live.
Desiree is also organizing Ladyfest Upstate, an arts and music festival featuring women, trans and gender non-conforming artists, which will take place May 3-5 in Albany & Troy.