NAME: Don Mitchell
BAND AFFILIATION: Darlingside
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The formidable double-punch of Green Day’s Dookie and Ace of Base’s The Sign (cassettes)
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Phish at Madison Square Garden (with my mother). First rock show, anyhow.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A rental violin. It did not stick.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … I’m told my rendition of “Dancing with Bears” at a pre-school showtune revue was quite the smash.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The tentatively-named high school pop-rock sensation Avoiding Conway
Guitarist Don Mitchell and the other members of the Boston-based band Darlingside are headed into the hallowed Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs on Wednesday as part of the Caffe’s ongoing Emerging Artist Breakout concert series. In support of their marvelous debut album, “Pilot Machines,” Darlingside will be sharing the stage with Local 518 singer-songwriter Alexis Haluska. Music begins at 7pm, and admission is $5 at the door.