NAME: Davey O.
INSTRUMENT: vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Boston”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … 1978 or ’79 – Kiss, Alive II/Love Gun Tour
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … started out on bass. My first real instrument was a Rickenbacker 4001, which I worked an entire summer at the town pool when I was 15 years old to buy for $500 – that’s what they went for new back then!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Either “Runnin’ With the Devil” by Van Halen or “Working Man” by Rush
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … XL. It was me and two other guys from the next street over – a real power trio!!!
Touring in support of his new album, “Testing for Rust,” Buffalo-based singer-songwriter Davey O. makes his Schenectady debut at the Moon & River Cafe on Saturday (November 17). Sean Sarto opens the show at 8pm. Admission is free; donations appreciated.