NAME: Kyle Carey
BAND AFFILIATION: solo artist
INSTRUMENT: Voice, Guitar, Ukulele, Shruti Aox, Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS …The Spice Girls…oh, the shame!
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS …A Yupik Eskimo dance performance
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS …A recorder
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS …”I’m Getting Nothing for Christmas”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS …The Chickpeas (All-girl college band)
Singer-songwriter, 2008 Skidmore College grad and a former frequent Caffe Lena volunteer worker, Kyle Carey returns to the Spa City to headline at Lena’s at 7pm on Sunday (November 4) in support of her debut album, “Monogah.” She’ll be accompanied by guitarist Sean Earnest. Boston-based singer-songwriter Liz Simmons opens the show, accompanied by guitarist Flynn Cohen. Tix are $14 in advance; $16 at the door.