Suvir Saran

Do you like Italian food?
How about Italian wines?
Got a thing for Italian luxury cars?

If the answer to any of those questions is yes, you’ll want to head to Saratoga this weekend, as the Saratoga Performing Arts Center hosts its annual Saratoga Wine & Food and Fall Ferrari Festival. Featuring superstar chef and Bravo TV Top Chef Master Suvir Saran, the festival celebrates its 12th year with a series of events over three days celebrating Italy’s excellence in wine, food and automobiles. Proceeds from the event will benefit Saratoga Performing Arts Center’s educational programs.

Here are some of the highlights of this weekend’s fest, which runs from Friday-Sunday (September 7-9):

* The final match-up of the Cast Iron Chef Invitational, a summer-long cooking challenge, in which top chefs Jaime Ortiz of Mazzone Hospitality and Patrick Longton of The Wishing Well face off, each creating a unique dish using a mystery basket of ingredients.

The Saratoga Wine & Food and Fall Ferrari Festival

Wine. There will be wine.

* Master wine connoisseur Kevin Zraly, winner of the 2011 James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award, shares wine knowledge and advice at events throughout the weekend and leads a Grand Tasting seminar on Cantina di Canelli wines.

* The Italian Trade Commission hosts the Italian Pavilion featuring Cantina di Canelli wines, cheeses and specialty foods.

* Italian Road Tour and Men’s Made-to-Measure Luncheon features a scenic tour through Saratoga County and gourmet luncheon at Saratoga Polo with library quality wines from Cantina di Canelli, specialty cocktails by Solerno, cigar tasting and a presentation by legendary men’s clothiers Martin Greenfield and Ike Behar.

* A re-styled Live on Stage Gala brings an urban chic sensibility to an extravagant innovative menu of nouvelle cuisine paired with premium Cantina di Canelli wines and an opulent Willy Wonka Dessert Room that will include a Moscato Bar.

The Saratoga Wine & Food and Fall Ferrari Festival

There will also be luxury cars. Mostly red, from the looks of it.

* Italian Auto Concours featuring invited classes of Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Fiat-Abarth judged by marquee specialists.

* A new Steak & Wine Seminar sponsored by Certified Angus Beef features experts exploring the finer points of pairing red wine varietals with various cuts of steak.

* A Haute Style Fashion Tent & Lounge debuts at the Grand Tasting, housing a dazzling collection of couture designs and accessories by Georg Jensen, Max Mara, Ike Behar, Badgley Mischka, Salvatore Ferragamo, Donna Karan, Tory Burch and more.

* The festival culminates with a Sunday Sparkle For SPAC Brunch at Saratoga Polo with live jazz, wines, pop-up fashion boutique and gourmet food shops and an exhibition polo match organized by the U.S. Polo Association.

Ticket prices for the various events vary. Here’s the complete schedule…

BUT WAIT… We’re giving away FREE TIX. Yes, TWO lucky Nippertown readers will each win a PAIR OF FREE TIX to the festival’s Grand Tasting from 1-5pm on Saturday. How can you win? Simple. Just leave a comment below telling us about the highlight of your summer. Please be sure to leave your email address, too. (We won’t publish it, but we’ll use it to contact you if you win.) The winners will be selected at random and notified on Friday. Good luck! (Please note: ticket holders must be over 21 to gain entrance.) Congratulations to the winners, who have been notified by email.

Tags: ,

47 Responses to “Win FREE TIX to the Saratoga Wine & Food and Fall Ferrari Festival This Weekend!”

1. Rich says:

It had to be drawing on the sidewalk twice with my son: once for a chalk drawing competition in Troy and another was a giant pennant design celebrating ValleyCats winning the Stedler Division out front of the Bruno Stadium. Another great highlight was celebrating 17 years married to my wonderful wife and renewing our vows.

2. Steven says:

Taking a Double Amputee Skydiving. Really makes you appreciate life!

3. Ski says:

Just one? I don’t know that I could! I had some wonderfully relaxing nights at various Troy Night Outs. I went out of my way to shop at local Farmer’s Markets and learned how a tomato should really taste. Finally, a romantic evening at SPAC for the Joshua Bell concert. The Capital Region was very good to me this summer.

4. Jon says:

The absolute highlight was the two weeks off I spent with my family.

5. Tom Gaughan says:

SPAC highlights were the Freihofer’s Jazz Festival (both days esp Sunday) and the Allman Brothers / Santana double bill. The biggest highlight will occur this Friday when my wife and I will both retire.

6. Rick Woodouse says:

Vacationing down in NYC for a week and a half – checking out cool restaurants, shopping, and row boating in Central Park.

7. Chris Johns says:

It’s a toss-up between swimming in my new pool with my kids, the water ski show on the mohawk or the freak show at coney island.

8. Mark says:

The highlight of my summer was retiring from teaching English to teenagers for 31 years. This is my first summer in 50 years that I didn’t finish by going back to school!

9. Beth says:

Definitely playing golf in Lake Tahoe on the two world renowned courses over looking the lake. It was breathtaking-AND I didn’t play half bad either!

10. jeremy says:

Summer highlight was camping at Shenandoah National Park with my girlfriend and seeing a black bear cross the street 10 ft in front of us!

11. Michelle says:

The highlight for me this summer was being able to take 2 weeks vacation and spend some priceless time with my husband and son.

12. kandy says:

The highlight of my summer, was the last best rock concert of the season at spac. Great weather, great music.

13. glenn says:

Woo Hoo! Jazz @skidmore Bootsy Collins and of course The Ramblin Jug Stompers at Lake George. The last part is a suck up for sure.

14. Dave says:

Well, without a doubt, the highlight had to be taking my 12 year old son to his first ever Bruce Springsteen concert on August 29th at Vernon Downs. The first time Springsteen ever played there, a near full blue moon, perfect weather, an awesome setlist and the kid LOVED it!

15. john says:

Getting married to the best woman in the world at one of the nicest beaches in the world

16. Natalie says:

Oh no! Summer is over…the best highlight for me was long walks around Albany getting to know the area after moving here. Love it!

17. LC says:

A day at the Jazz Fest..a day in NYC…many days in the garden…and unfortunately, much-too-much work.

18. Bob Rosinsky says:

My summer highlight was the festival I attended in Worcester, Ma.. Pauley’s NOLA Jazz and Blues Fest!

19. Robbie says:

A lawn chair, sipping wine in the nite air in beautiful Shepard Park in lake George, catching Chandler Travis on the ampitheater stage….and leaving the show via our pal’s boat, docked right nearby, under the moon on the water..

20. Alyssa says:

Spending my 21st birthday experiencing all that Albany has to offer-I went to the Pine Bush Preserve, Washington Park, the Biergarten and Elda’s all in one day. I just relocated here and now am in love with this city!

21. meg944 says:

I loved having a break this summer, after a number of years of complications, to relax around the fire with my guy.

22. Katie says:

Coming back to Albany after 5 years away…I remembered it as a place I loved. I had a great adventure with my friends to the track and SPAC all in one day.

23. Elizabeth says:

Going to see two of my closest friends get married in my very first lesbian wedding, made possible by the amazing state of New York. It was a beautiful outdoors wedding with daffodils and plenty of dancing. It is one of my favorite memories, not just of this summer, but of my life.

24. Moon says:

Definitely moving from Europe to Albany. What a great experience, intensified by the encounter of amazing new friends.

25. Elly says:

Being able to try all new wines at wineries around the Finger Lakes on a gorgeous wine tour.

26. A.J. says:

Going to Chicago with my family and eating the most awesome deep dish pizza, Chicago style hot dog and Italian beef.

27. Katina says:

Sundresses, pearls, big hats, and mojitos all summer. Gorgeous days at the track or lounging on our boat. Nothing beats that glow of summer when the winter is so long ahead. I simply adore the tranquility of summer- the scents and subtle sounds.

28. Holdsie says:

I hiked my first High Peak in the Adirondacks this summer. While it was exhausting and at times I thought I wouldn’t be able to make it up the mountain, it was fulfilling to be able to stand on top of that mountain and see a view not many people will see.

29. Hope Plavin says:

Teaching Sophie, my 9 month old chocolate lab to swim – and then saving the ducklings as they paddled around behind mom in Saratoga Lake!

30. capgirl says:

The highlight of my summer was being out in it! Riding my bike on the Erie Canal Trail, or the Hudson Mohawk towpath, and ‘discovering’ the communities nearby…All the years I’ve lived in this area, I never knew about the FJ&G railroad trail, and the brilliant old (albeit broken down) history of Gloversville, or visiting the Cohoes Falls……

31. susan says:

moe.down & my final Jason Baker tasting menu @ the Wine Bar & Bistro on Lark

32. Bill says:

Finding a beach in Cape Cod thats as private as it gets where there are literally hundreds of seals. And no great white sharks.

33. Anne says:

Bringing my nieces to the ocean for the very first time, and their mom getting to see it as well!!

34. Nate says:

Visiting Newport, Rhode Island

35. Jen N says:

Honestly, the beautiful weather we had this summer was the highlight for me. :)

36. Heidi says:

What a wonderful summer it has been,so many highlights, where do I begin. One of my best moments has to be watching an awesome sunset while sipping wine on the shores of Cape Cod, life is good!!!!

37. Rosemary C. says:

Having a friend of a friend give us courtside sponsor box seats at the US Open Arthur Ashe tennis Stadium last week.

38. John N says:

Great way to officially close a successful Saratoga season.

39. Gene says:

floating on a raft in the pool with a vodka tonic. you cant beat that!

40. nic says:

Floating down the Hudson River in a tube with great company, food, and drinks.

41. -S says:

My highlight of my summer here was to be in France for 3 weeks :)

42. Jon B. says:

Grey Fox bluegrass festival.

43. KP says:

Spending time with my entire family at my Grandparent’s summer house.

44. Michael Timoney says:

Hopefully winning tickets to the wine and food fest. Going to the track and hanging out with my friends is always a highlight to every summer

45. Chris says:

The highlight of my summer was most definietly the birth of my twin boys.

46. Mark says:

Hiking up Dippikill Mountain with my sweety.

47. Lynn says:

The weather pretty much all summer was just great….we have had a great year
    for weather so just regular summer fun like water and sunshine was at a premium.
    However, the highlight of my summer was the opportunities my daughters had. One
    Spent 3 weeks in Europe and the other got to perform in local theatre and we had the
    Pleasure of watching her.

Jim Gaudet and the Railroad BoysHolly & EvanCartoonist John CaldwellCaffe LenaThe Cock'N'Bull RestaurantAdvertise on Nippertown!Leave Regular Radio BehindAlbany PoetsArtist Charles HaymesThe LindaBerkshire On StageHudson SoundsDark Wood Design