SPAC’s Battle of the Bands Is Back

For the past two years, the Saratoga Performing Arts Center has kicked off its summer season with a battle of the bands.

This year, however, the folks at SPAC have switched things up, and the annual Battle of the Bands will be held on Friday, September 21, closing the 2012 summer season. Last year, 68 bands entered the competition with Eastbound Jesus emerging as the eventual grand prize winner.

“The Capital Region has an abundance of talented musicians and bands which we are proud to showcase each year at SPAC’s Battle of the Bands competition,” said Marcia J. White, SPAC’s president and executive director. “Like last year, we anticipate that thousands will participate in this event in some way, either as contestants, online voters or audience members. It will be a great, high-energy finale to our season.”

Here’s how the SPAC Battle of the Bands works:

Post continues below...
Advertisement

Bands interested in competing in the Battle of the Bands must submit a YouTube audition video and online entry form by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, August 30.

From 5pm Friday, August 31 through 11:59pm Monday, September 3, the general public will have the opportunity to view all of the audition videos and vote for their favorite band. The band with the most online votes will become one of the 10 finalists. The other nine finalists will be chosen by a SPAC selection committee. The 10 finalists will be announced Tuesday, September 4.

On September 21, each of the 10 finalists will have 10 minutes to perform at SPAC’s Spa Little Theater for a live audience and a panel of three judges. The judges’ evaluations will count as 40% of each band’s final score, with audience response accounting for the other 60% of the final tally.

The winning band will receive a prize package valued at over $4,000 – including 25 hours of recording studio time at the Recording Company, more than $800 worth of custom t-shirts and stickers from Saratoga Statement and the opportunity to book a show at Putnam Den in Saratoga Springs.

One Response to “SPAC’s Battle of the Bands Is Back”

  1. Mr. Reidy says:

    you have to view the videos during labor day weekend.

Jim Gaudet and the Railroad BoysHolly & EvanCartoonist John CaldwellThe Cock'N'Bull RestaurantCaffe LenaAdvertise on Nippertown!Albany PoetsLeave Regular Radio BehindThe LindaBerkshire On StageArtist Charles HaymesHudson SoundsRamblin Jug Stompers