NAME: John Kribs
INSTRUMENT: primarily a guitarist, mandolin, banjo
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Meet the Beatles”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Lovin Spoonful / Sopwith Camel (remember them?)
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … all my first guitars came from Western Auto (Truetone) or Montgomery Wards (Airline). My parents worked at those stores.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … OH GOD! “Hang On Sloopy”!!
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Well, the first real working band was the Blue Mystics. We played every weekend and rehearsed every Tuesday. I was 13. Then there was “folk Mass” every Sunday. That group, David (that name….something about psalms…), had a steady Sunday morning gig for over four years… ahem…
John Kribs plays at the Barn in Corinth at 7pm on Saturday (“nice family venue with ice cream!,” he says) before rolling into Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs at 7pm on Sunday to celebrate the release of his new CD, “The Blue Wall.” Tix for the Caffe show are $14 in advance; $16 at the door.