NAME: Danny Whitecotton
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … I believe it was “No Fences” – Garth Brooks. I remember watching a concert of his on PBS, and the guy was insane on stage. Awesome performer.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Pat Green at City Limits in Stephenville, TX. I was 16 years old at the time, and the bar was 18+. My parents had to sign a waiver just so I could get in.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A Casio keyboard when I was eight years old. I took piano lessons.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Dammit” by Blink 182. The punk band I was in played at our high school homecoming dance. I was told the next week by another band that the performance was awful.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … A pop-punk band called Livewire with my friends Chad, Nick and Dustin.
A Nippertown transplant from Texas, singer-songwriter Danny Whitecotton joins Dan Johnson & His Expert Sidemen at Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany at 8pm on Tuesday (May 22) for another Americana Tuesday show. Admission in $5. At 7pm on Thursday (May 24), Whitecotton celebrates the release of his new CD, “Go On and Rain,” with a bash at Olde Saratoga Brewing Company is Saratoga Springs. Admission is free. And you can also catch him at the Moon & River Cafe in Schenectady at 8pm on Saturday (May 26). Admission is free.