1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … a K-tel record off the TV – KC & the Sunshine Band. Then I got hip to Columbia Records and paid my penny and became a member.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Neil Sedaka. I was about seven years old. It was a family outing in Latham at the Starlite Music Theater. It had a moving carousel stage and half way through his performance, his daughter came out and did a duet with him. I saw her on stage and said to myself, “That’s what I want to do.” Maybe not just like that, but you get the idea.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS …Piano, but the guitar was a close second.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “When I’m 64” by the Beatles at Tesago Elementary School.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Free Beer. It’s probably been used a lot.
In celebration of her new album, “Dragonfly,” roots-blues singer-songwriter (and Clifton Park native) Christine Santelli and her band play a homecoming concert at the Van Dyck in Schenectady at 8:30pm on Friday (April 27). Tix are $12.