NAME: Caroline Corrigan
BAND AFFILIATION : Babe City and Self Defense Family. (Over the years it’s been Que Caro, the Red Lions, the Rain in Spain)
INSTRUMENT: Keyboard, vocals and guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “Tragic Kingdom” by No Doubt
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Blink 182 at Jones Beach, seventh grade.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Our family’s old piano. I took lessons from ages 8-14, and then I begged my mom to stop taking me. What a mistake that was!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … In the non-embarrassing category from my young adulthood, that’d be “What a Wonderful World” by Sam Cooke at the Muddy Cup, probably sometime in 2007. I don’t know if you would count “I Hope You Dance” at my eighth grade Catholic school graduation, would you? I really hope not.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The Rain In Spain, comprised of myself and Laura, Craig, Chris, and Mark from Aficionado. Some of the best times I’ve ever had playing!
Caroline Corrigan joins her bandmates Olivia Quillio, Meagan Duffy and MaryLeigh Roohan, as the new all-star band Babe City takes the stage at the Steamer No. 10 Theatre in Albany at 8pm on Saturday (March 17) to open the show for soulful Troy singer-songwriter Sean Rowe. Tix are $13 in advance; $15 at the door. NOTE: Go here to enter to win a pair of FREE TIX to the show.