NAME: Connor Kennedy
BAND AFFILIATION: Connor Kennedy Band, Rethink Pink
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … AC/DC’s “Highway To Hell,” however, I can distinctly remember asking my parents to purchase Pink Floyd’s “The Wall” and just as clearly remember listening to that record for the first time. At 11 years old, I sat and listened to the record from beginning to end. It blew my mind.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Coldplay in 2006 on their Twisted Logic Tour at what is now the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … An old Japanese department store guitar, purchased for $2 at a yard sale. I still have it. It looks like something Jack White would wield.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Pink Floyd’s “Money,” at my sixth grade talent show in Saugerties, NY. I didn’t sing, just played the guitar solo note for note. I was paralyzed with fear.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … a high school group called Depot Street. Short-lived and named after an obscure Mudcrutch (Tom Petty’s first band) song, I spent a whole summer gigging with this outfit.
The 17-year-old guitar wunderkind Connor Kennedy returns to Club Helsinki in Hudson at 9pm on Friday (March 2) to lead the blues-laced Connor Kennedy Band, which also features organist Jeremy Baum, bassist Kyle Esposito and drummer Lee Falco. Tix are $10 in advance; $15 at the door. Kennedy will also strap on his guitar with Rethink Pink (a Pink Floyd tribute band) for a show at the Bearsville Theater in Woodstock at 9pm on Friday, April 20. Tix are $15 in advance; $20 at the door.