Win FREE TIX to See “Wings of Desire” @ EMPAC at RPI on Thursday

It’s our favorite movie, but we’ve never seen it on the big screen, so we are totally psyched.

Wim Wenders’ classic 1987 film, “Wings of Desire,” will be screened at EMPAC at RPI in Troy at 7:30pm on Thursday, concluding this season’s film series, “The Eternal Return.”

The haunting, award-winning movie tells the tales of angels who silently watch over all of humanity, guiding individuals through the trials of their daily lives. The film follows the angel Damien (Bruno Ganz) as he falls in love with a trapeze artist and strives to relinquish his immortality to join her on earth.

Co-starring Peter Falk as … well, Peter Falk.

“Wings of Desire” will be shown at 7:30pm on Thursday (December 8) at EMPAC at RPI in Troy. Tix are $6.

BUT WAIT… What’s this? FREE TICKETS? That’s right, we’re giving away a pair of FREE TIX to a lucky Nippertown reader! To enter the contest, just post a comment below. Please leave your email address, too. We won’t publish it, but we’ll use it to contact you if you win. The winners will be selected at random and notified on Thursday. Enter today! And good luck! Congratulations to Jackie W!

10 Responses to “Win FREE TIX to See “Wings of Desire” @ EMPAC at RPI on Thursday”

1. I would love to see this. I have herd of it but have never seent it.

2. Thomas Lail says:

“to smoke … And drink coffee…”

3. Kirsten says:

I love angels

4. I’ve sadly never seen this film and would love to rectify it.

5. Jackie W says:

I just love EMPAC.

6. Terrence Rusch says:

I’ve seen the last two films in this series (La Jetee and 12 Monkey) and I really want to go to this!

7. ajw93 says:

one of my all-time favorites!

8. Laura says:

I’m a residential service provider for a local a human services organization and would love the opportunity to take the gentleman I work with. I think he would enjoy it, as well as seeing EMPAC.

9. Slacker says:

Wow, I watched this for a film class in college. I’d love to see it on a big screen. It beats the hell out of the “City of Angels” remake.

10. Congratulations to the winner – I hope some of your other folks can make it tonight. And if you have been feeling the films in The Eternal Return screening series, it starts back up again on 01/26 with Hitchcock’s “Vertigo”.

Jason Steven Murphy, EMPAC PR flack

Cartoonist John CaldwellCaffe LenaHolly & EvanThe Cock'N'Bull RestaurantJim Gaudet and the Railroad BoysAdvertise on Nippertown!Artist Charles HaymesHudson SoundsThe LindaBerkshire On StageLeave Regular Radio BehindAlbany PoetsCapital Repertory Theater