This year, the annual First Night Saratoga celebration (on Saturday, December 31, of course) is adding a new wrinkle to the festivities.
Here’s where you come in. “Saratoga in B Flat” is going to be created using videos submitted to the Saratoga Arts Center by you.
To be a part of the interactive sonic experience, here’s all you have to do:
– Sing or play an instrument, in Bb major. Simple, floating textures work best, with no tempo or groove. Leave lots of silence between phrases.
– Record in a quiet environment, with as little background noise as possible.
– Wait about 5-10 seconds to start playing.
– Total length should be between 1-2 minutes.
– Thick chords or low instruments don’t work very well.
– Record at a low volume to match the other videos.
– You can listen to this mix on headphones while you record.
– Upload your recording to YouTube
– After you upload to YouTube, play your video along with the other videos on the page to make sure the volume matches.
– Send the YouTube link to First Night organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
On New Year’s Eve, First Night attendees will have the chance “play” the various videos, creating a live, continuous piece of original music.
Got questions? Write to email@example.com