NAME: Dana Robinson
BAND AFFILIATION: Dana and Susan Robinson
INSTRUMENT: Guitar, Fiddle, Mandolin
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Jethro Tull’s “Living In The Past” in 1972. I was 11 years old and put it on layaway at the local department store.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Eric Clapton in 1976 at the Cow Palace in Daily City, California. It was the “461 Ocean Boulevard” tour. Blew my mind!
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … my mom’s classical guitar that I put steel strings on and learned Beatles songs.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Dear Abby” by John Prine at an open mic in California in the late 1970s.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Never was in a proper “band” – always played in acoustic solos and duos. Played as a duo with Lui Collins in the ’90s and play with my wife Susan in a duo now.
Dana Robinson and his banjo-playing wife Susan Robinson team up to perform at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs at 8pm on Saturday (October 1). Sharing the bill with them for the Saturday Night Sampler show will be another husband-and-wife duo, Hungrytown. Tix are $10.