NAME: Vegas Nacy
BAND AFFILIATION: Selfish Needy Creatures
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … My parents were buying me albums from Kiss and Meatloaf since I was eight years old, but the first one I bought with my own money was “Shout at the Devil” from Motley Crue.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Johnny Cash, outdoors at the Saratoga Racetrack, and it was incredible!!
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … the drums. My mom bought me a kit and lessons to go with it, but I’m too much of a spaz to sit behind a kit!!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … I don’t know… from Ozzy.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Teaser – lol – wow, thanks for reminding me of that craziness!!!
Vegas Nacy and his bandmates in Selfish Needy Creatures – guitarist Karl Von Hielman III, bassist Tommy Q and drummer Chris Patti – take the stage at Northern Lights in Clifton Park at 7:30pm on Thursday, sharing the stage with all-star band, Adrenaline Mob. Tix are $12 in advance; $15 at the door. But that’s just a warm-up for their 5pm performance on Friday at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, as the opening act of the Q-Ruption fest with Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, Skillet, Sick Puppies and Egypt Central. Tix are $39.50, $49.50, $59.50 & $65; lawn $20.