BAND AFFILIATION: Collette & the Mudcats
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Well…I hate to be honest, but it was Shawn Cassidy. Oh come on… what girl didn’t have a crush on him? He was the Hardy Boy hottie?! My first REAL album was one that I commandeered from my brother, AC/DC’s “Back In Black.”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Again, I hate to admit it, but my dad took me to see Shawn Cassidy. What can I say, I had it bad for the guy! Okay, it may not rate as a REAL “concert,” so we will go with the next, which was Judas Priest. It seems I went from bubble gum pop right to the rocker scene.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A wooden flute that my mom took away because I annoyed the hell out of her! I wanted to play drums really bad, but there was no way she would put up with that noise.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Hopelessly Devoted to You” from the movie “Grease.” We put on a neighborhood play, and I was the character of Sandra Dee.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … I sat in singing here and there with a few different bands around the Santa Monica (LA) area until I got into an all-girl band called Intuition. We never could get it together well enough to play out in clubs.
Collette Drennan and her band, the Mudcats, serve up their brand of blues-rock at Taste in Albany at 6:30pm on Thursday; at the Westside Grille in Queensbury at 8pm on Friday; and at the Two Brothers Tavern in Middlebury, Vermont at 10pm on Saturday.