NAME: Julie Delfs, Jewels, Madamme JuJu and mom
BAND AFFILIATION: Pop Rock Circus, BABE and sometimes the Heaters
INSTRUMENT: the vocal cord!
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … not sure if it was Cyndi Lauper (“She’s So Unusual”) or Madonna (self-titled “Madonna”)
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … in the Band Shell on Daytona Beach. I skipped school to get there early because it was a free show. Pat Benatar was the headliner.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … in third grade, the melodica.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … when I was five in a pageant, I sang… “I Am Woman” … hear me roar (Helen Reddy).
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Stolen Jewels in the early ’90s
Related story: Erin Harkes’ Five Firsts