Five Firsts: Al Kash of Folding Sky

Al Kash

NAME: Al Kash
BAND AFFILIATION: Folding Sky, the Last Conspirators, etc.

1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Bought a batch of LPs from record club, Thelonious Monk, Dave Brubeck’s “Take 5,” Them, Stones, Lightnin Hopkins

2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … First real concert, Ray Hoff & OffBeats @ Midland Town Hall, Perth, W. Australia.

3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … First played bass guitar & switched to drums.

4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Can’t remember what song, but it was probably an Animals/Sonny Boy/Stones song & an original instrumental “Turkish Delight.”

Al Kash and the other members of Folding Sky take the stage at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Troy at 10pm on Saturday.

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “Five Firsts: Al Kash of Folding Sky”

1. TL says:

Al is a great friend and, if possible, an even better drummer. World class. Locally and with all of the bands he played with in New York and Australia. He is the Last Conspirators driving force. He is our steam engine. He is so open minded when it comes to music, and since we first started working together (1993) very supportive and enthusiastic of my work. Al, although much of the time is laid back and silent, is music biz savvy and at times becomes my voice of reason when I am at wits end and ready to pack it in. He could be playing with anyone. I am lucky to have him in my camp.

2. Ria says:

Love you Al and all our memories from “way back then”

3. Alan G. says:

From one Al to another, you’ve got the versatility, bro’… and manage to keep all them rhythm sections going straight and strong. Drums are my favorite instrument, and things like that never go unnoticed with me. Catch you out ‘n’ about, young fella!

4. Will T says:

Al is one of my best friends, always was and always will be….oh yes…and he’s a bloody good drummer too !!

5. Ben Rogers says:

Al certainly is a great drummer, and a really positive influence in a band. Australia’s loss is New York’s gain!

6. Binnie F says:

Hey Al – great friend from way back, brilliant drummer and all round nice guy. Will never forget the Down Home Group and all the fun had a Dorina’s in the early days in Perth WA. Great memories always!

Jim Gaudet and the Railroad BoysHolly & EvanCaffe LenaThe Cock'N'Bull RestaurantCartoonist John CaldwellAdvertise on Nippertown!The LindaBerkshire On StageAlbany PoetsLeave Regular Radio BehindHudson SoundsArtist Charles HaymesAustralian Cattle Dog Rescue Association