NAME: Al Kash
BAND AFFILIATION: Folding Sky, the Last Conspirators, etc.
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Bought a batch of LPs from record club, Thelonious Monk, Dave Brubeck’s “Take 5,” Them, Stones, Lightnin Hopkins
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … First real concert, Ray Hoff & OffBeats @ Midland Town Hall, Perth, W. Australia.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … First played bass guitar & switched to drums.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Can’t remember what song, but it was probably an Animals/Sonny Boy/Stones song & an original instrumental “Turkish Delight.”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … the Nurks.