NAME: Paula Bradley
BAND AFFILIATION: Girl Howdy
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … I bought a LOT of 45’s before I ever bought an LP, but I’m going to guess it was “The Monkees” – their first album. I spent all my allowance on records. I lived in the local record store.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Three Dog Night at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. I was the one there with her mom. I was 11.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Piano – we had one in the house, so I started banging at an early age. Lessons followed at age 4. (see photo below)
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … My first piano recital (age 5): “The Curious Cat.” Hard to forget! I was scared to death, but got a hot fudge sundae afterward. I remember that!
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Well, I was in a lot of school bands growing up, but I did have a trio vocal ensemble called Company B in high school with two dear friends. Andrews Sisters kinda stuff. I love harmony. After that, I was played guitar in an all-gal old-time band with a great name: Tequila Sheila & the Big Shots. There was no one named Sheila in the band…
You can catch piano-pounding Paula Bradley and the rest of Girl Howdy in a free concert at the Town Common Gazebo in South Hadley at 6:30pm Thursday. The band will also be serving up another free concert as headliners at the Hudson Harbor Fest concert series in Henry Hudson Waterfront Park in Hudson at 6:30pm on Saturday. Liv Carrow opens the show.