NAME: Jared Funari
INSTRUMENT: Acoustic and electric guitars, drums, percussion,
keyboards and vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The first album I bought was Radiohead’s “Pablo Honey.” Figures they turned out to be the most influential band to my music.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Wow, this is really testing my memory. I actually think it may have been No Doubt at (what was back then) the Pepsi Arena in Albany. Should I even admit that? haha Hey, their first album wasn’t half bad.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Clarinet! And I still know more about that than I do my guitar. I actually loved playing my clarinet and still do pick it up from time to time.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … Oh geez… Is this a memory questionnaire disguised as a music survey? haha I honestly have no clue. But I can tell you it was most likely at the Border’s Open Mic on Wolfe Road in Colonie. I’m pretty sure that’s the first place I started performing in front of people.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … ME! haha, I have always been my own band, looping and layering everything live.
Jared Funari celebrates the release of his debut album, “You Are the Sun,” with a party and performance at Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany at 8pm on Saturday. Also joining in the festivities will be the Emergency Empire and Mirk & the New Familiars. Admission is $10, which includes a copy of the new CD.