Tomorrow (Friday) is the third Friday of the month, which means it’s time for Art Night Schenectady, the city’s monthly arts walk, with shops open late, restaurant specials, and art exhibits popping up everywhere. Here’s the main flyer (PDF). Here’s more info from 3rd Friday Schenectady. And here are just some of the highlights to look for:
Proctors Theatre has Samson Contompasis: “Girls, Gorillas, Guns” in the The Fenimore Gallery; a group show with Angela Bornn, Susan Handler and Noelle Macgonigle in the Albany International Room and Josh Boyark: “Wrinkle Me This” at the Muddy Cup.
Nearby, there’s mixed media works by Becky Jarczynski @ Working Gallery/Studio, 440 State Street; a one-night-only group show in the 440 State Street lobby featuring Kate Cohen, Steve Condon, L.P.Murtagh, Clark Seeley, Scott Seyboth, Krene Vita and Alison Zaloga; and “The Color Red”, a group show with open studios @ the Jay Street Gallery, 163 Jay Street.
Schenectady 3rd Friday has organized more one-night-only shows all over the place:
- The “Ladies Only” Show @ at the Historic First Reformed Church, 8 North Church Street. Artists include: Genine Gullickson, Erika Klein, Robin Kettlner, Kaitlyn Dollard, Jax Gleckman, Elyse Vacherot, Sarah Martinez, Alicia Doebler, Hannah Walker, Abigayle Mclane, Lia Smaka, Samantha DeTillio, Barbara Aldi, Kelly Dorman, Angela Hladik, Judith McAuley, Janet Tanguary, Lynn Rossini, Stephanie Levay, Chic Ownes, Christina Stott, Maria Dillenbeck, Jo Agopovich, Sarah Mangold.
- Ben Rausch: Sculptures @ The Stockade Inn, 1 North Church Street with live jazz by Jody Shayne.
- Christopher Brown: “Carpe 3-Diem” @ 137 State Street featuring 3-dimensional works enhanced by black lights, fluorescent paint and 3D glasses and music by DJ-OFI.
- Brian Hofmister: “Schenectady’s Urban Landscape” @ Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corporation, 143 State Street
- Works by Beverly Bondley and Tony Iadicicco @ Imperial OTB, 325 State Street
These are just a few of the events happening tomorrow night, but if we haven’t convinced you yet, perhaps this last item will: you can head across town to Sow’s Ear Studio & Gallery at 1597 Union Street between 5-8pm and get your photo taken with a giant light bulb. I know! While you’re there, you can also see paintings and photos by Fran & Vin Giodano.