BAND AFFILIATION: Street Corner Holler (duo with Dale Haskell plus sometimes on those lucky occasions Tony Markellis)
INSTRUMENT: Slide Guitar
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … “The Monkees”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Dave Van Ronk at Passim’s in Cambridge, Mass.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Sears Silvertone guitar. Sweet sound. Unplayable neck.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … When I was in high school in the 1970’s there were a lot of elective options in the English Dept. My teacher arranged a series of solo concerts in the school auditorium for the English classes. I went to high school in the suburbs of Boston. There were over 1000 in my graduating class, so there were lots of people you didn’t know. Plus I was kind of a lone wolf. The kids all thought I was a performer from New York City. I do not remember all the songs I played but “Come On In My Kitchen” was one of them.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Street Corner Holler (duo with Dale Haskell plus sometimes on those lucky occasions Tony Markellis)
Mark Tolstrup teams up with Dale Haskell as Street Corner Holler for the CD release party in honor of their self-titled album at the Saratoga Arts Center in Saratoga Springs on Saturday, November 14. Tony Markellis and MotherJudge will join them as special guests. And Michael Eck, who painted the Street Corner Holler CD cover, will also exhibit a collection of paintings of blues greats.