OK, we’re at the halfway mark for the year, so let’s take a moment to look back over the best concerts of the previous six months.
Nippertown.com would love to know who’s at the top of your list. Just hit the comment button below, and tell us.
Here’s the Top 10 list that I came up with, although I reserve the right to make a few changes, if your memory is better than mine:
1. The Horse Flies @ the Dance Flurry Festival at the Parting Glass, Saratoga Springs (February 14)
2. The Joshua Redman Double Trio @ The Egg, Albany (January 23)
3. Bettye LaVette @ Freihofer’s Jazz Festival at SPAC, Saratoga Springs (June 28)
4. Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings @ MASS MoCA, North Adams, Mass. (May 23)
5. The M Shanghai String Band @ the Ale House, Troy (March 21)
6. Brent Green @ EMPAC at RPI, Troy (January 16)
7. Luka Bloom @ Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs (June 16)
8. Eddie Vedder @ the Palace Theatre, Albany (June 8)
9. The Red Clay Ramblers @ the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, Troy (January 9)
10. Steve Earle @ The Egg, Albany (May 30)
Or if you’d rather – you could weigh in your fave album of the year so far. I haven’t quite nailed that one down yet, although Bela Fleck’s “Throw Down Your Heart: Tales From the Acoustic Planet, Vol. 3: Africa Sessions” on Rounder Records is definitely a candidate for the top spot.
Check out J. Eric Smith’s Top 10 for further inspiration and exploration.
Let’s hear from you!